Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My baby brother is married!!!!


Well, it happened! My baby brother tied the knot this past weekend. I can't believe it!!! It definitely makes me feel old - hahaha! We had a blast celebrating with everyone and can't wait to visit Norfolk again to see the newlyweds! Here's how our trip went.....

Packing, packing, and more packing!!! Taking a baby on a weekend getaway is A LOT of work!!

Bottles, anyone?!?
 
We left on Thursday evening and arrived at D.J. and Cayte's new house around 7:30pm. I was already exhausted from the packing and driving, so we pretty much hung out, waited for my parents and my sisters family to arrive, then passed out. Ok, fine, I passed out before they arrived.

Pit Stop Photo Op

Me and my baby girl

On Friday morning, we headed off to a bridesmaid brunch for the ladies while the guys went golfing. We chowed down on sooooooo many pastries that I wasn't sure my dress would fit on Saturday! After the brunch, we relaxed a bit at D.J.'s house then got ready to head to the church for the rehearsal. Then, it was time for the rehearsal dinner. The outside set-up was so cute and the food was DELICIOUS!!! Man, Cayte's family can cook! They served the best crab soup EVER!!!! After all this food, it was time to sleep....zzzzz!!!!

The boys golf pose.

Relaxing together - friends already!


Practice hair run for the big day...LOL
 
Next up, the BIG day!!! We woke up early on Saturday and started getting everything ready for the wedding. We needed to do our hair, make-up, and get Myla all ready. Wow, having a baby makes everything much more time consuming. We headed to Cayte's house around 10am to join all the bridesmaids. We took a limo to the church and it was time for DJ and Cayte to get married!!! Everything went perfectly and the ceremony was amazing! The reception followed and we danced our butts off!!!!

First Dance
 
Mr. and Mrs. Brown

Dinner time

Cousin Patty and Myla all decked out! 
 
 
Fast forward to Sunday morning, and well let's just say I didn't feel very well. Myla was up at 3am and boy was I tired!!!! We headed to Cayte's house to have breakfast and watch them open some of their wedding gifts before we started our trip home.
 
Opening presents
 
 
And this is Myla and me once we were back home.....
 
Think we were tired?!?
 
 
What an absolutely fantastic, exhausting weekend!!! Congrats again to the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Brown!! Love you both to pieces!!!
 
Toodles!


 

 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code