Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Recap - October 11-13, 2013

We had quite a fun, but yet relaxing holiday weekend. It all started Thursday night when I FINALLY got my massage and let's just say it was AMAZING!! I really needed it after being up with Myla A LOT this week. I felt much better on Friday morning. The magical powers of massage!! Myla and I headed to her 4 month check-up that morning. She is very healthy and happy and took her shots like a champ once again. That night, Brian talked me in to going to his flag football game. Since I was feeling a lot better, I decided to go. We met up with the Childress and Cox families at Roma's for dinner before the game. Great food. Great company. We got home around 10:30pm and decided to go ahead and start Myla's sleep training boot camp (per our doc's instructions).

Myla before her check up
 
Hello there!
 
We were up early on Saturday morning to see Brian off to Dallas. He was headed there with his Dad and Chilly for their annual guys football weekend. They have decided to visit a different NFL stadium every year for a Redskins game. So, it was a girls weekend for us. Myla and I hung out Saturday, cleaned, did laundry, and did some relaxing. We went to dinner at Lonestar with my parents, did some shopping, and had a Carl's milkshake that evening. Myla's first trip to Carl's!!!
 

Myla's first hoodie.

Dancin' on the tables, already?!
 

Rainy weekends = hoodies!

I love this $20 teether! LOL - seriously can't believe I paid that much for this thing!
 
Cute Shoes.
 
 
On Sunday, we woke up and headed to my parents house. If you haven't noticed that is pretty much our typical Sunday routine. We had breakfast then me, Stef, and Jayden headed to Food Lion with my Dad to stock up on food for the day. Dad always fixes us whatever we want on Sundays and we take Jayden to the store with us because he loves Food Lion. During Jayden's nap, Dad and I headed over to my house to install Myla's new closet system. I can't wait to organize everything because I know it's going to work sooooo much better. After DIY time and nap time, it was dinner time and then REDSKINS time. Big game this week - DALLAS! Myla fell asleep before it even started and we left my parents at halftime. Myla slept through being put in her car seat, traveling home, and being put in her crib and she didn't wake up until 7:30am!!! 7:30am, people!!!! She slept 11 straight hours without even the slightest whimper. Maybe this sleep training worked? Unfortunately, for me, I stayed up til 11pm trying to watch the whole game - and WE LOST.
 
Bath time cuteness makes up for a Redskins loss, right?!
 
 
Today, I'm off work for Columbus Day! I LOVE 3 day weekends! Brian doesn't come back until late tonight, so Myla and I are just hanging out. We may decide to get dressed and go to Walmart for some groceries or we may not....
 
Hope every else had a nice weekend despite the nasty weather.
 
Toodles!

 


 
 

 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code