Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Recap - February 21-23, 2014

The weekend started off with a relaxing Friday off for me!! I made blueberry muffins for breakfast while Myla chased me around in her jeep...



And then we had play time/tv time....

After that, it was nap time! I love spending the day with Myla and getting to watch her play. And yes, that is our Christmas tree still up in the background. What?! We have better things to do on our weekends than take it down....haha!
On Saturday, we headed to town and had lunch at Allman's BBQ. Man, that place is soooo good!!


Myla had a blast with the menu. We picked a two seater table and Brian and I were scrunched up against the window with our food so that Myla couldn't reach it. I wish I would have taken a picture of that because it was pretty funny! After lunch, we headed downtown to do some shopping. The weather was gorgeous finally and we enjoyed strolling around in and out of stores. Myla loved it and was constantly laughing and kicking her feet.


She was awake. I guess the sun was a bit too much and I didn't even notice when I took the picture. Yep, I'm a loser! We headed home and Myla and I took a 2 hour nap together. We were exhausted from last night when she was awake from 3-5am and then up for the day at 6am....ugh!

On Sunday, we headed to my parents. Dad, Jayden, and I went to Food Lion and Walmart to scoop up all the food we would need for the day. This time we had to bribe Jayden to go with us. Pawpaw told him he would buy him a toy! We came home and hung out on the screened in porch for a while and enjoyed the weather. It was almost 70! Then, James talked us all in to going on a walk. Mom stayed home with Myla because she didn't feel well and Myla had just fallen asleep and of course, Brian kept playing his game. We walked to the beach around the corner from my parents and Jayden played in the sand with 2 little girls who were there. He loved it! We stayed for about 30 minutes then headed back home. 




Dad made hamburgers, french fries, cucumbers, and pasta salad for dinner and it was delicious!!! It really made us all wish for spring and summer cookouts! I can't wait!! Hope you all have a great week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code