Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Flu & A Snow Day

Yesterday, I dropped Myla off for the day at Nana and Nanny's house. I knew she wasn't feeling well, but today was the last day I had to cut checks before everyone leaves for expo. Needless to say, I had to be at work. Around 11am, Nanny called to tell me Myla had a fever and definitely didn't seem like herself. So, I immediately called the doctor and they wanted to see her today. I scrambled like crazy to finish my checks and headed to pick up my baby girl. We got to the doctors and Myla seemed kind of sick but she really wasn't in that bad of a mood. The nurses came in and checked her for the flu and RSV and when the doc came in, she said Myla had the flu. My heart just sunk. I was thinking she just had a bad cold. I assumed the flu meant lots of throwing up and so I never thought she had the flu. But, she did. The doctor prescribed her tamiflu because luckily we came in within the first 48 hours. I can't imagine if we hadn't because the meds had her back to her happy self by morning. That night, however, when we got home, she was so sick and just wanted to cuddle. I loved and hated it at the same time. I hated for her to be sick, but loved that she actually wanted to snuggle up with me. We tried to feed her dinner and she ate a little, but then she puked two times. That was probably one of the saddest things I have ever seen. I felt so bad for her. She slept with us that night because we were worried about her and I was so happy when she woke up and smiled at me in the morning! And, then we realized we had about 13 inches of snow and both of our works were closed. So, we got to stay home and cuddle and take care of her! Much needed!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code