Thursday, July 9, 2015

The best day and the worst day, all in one!


Last night in his helmet!
When I tell you this morning was rough, I mean ROUGH!!!!! Holy cow! Bryce decided to wake up at 4:45am - totally unlike him. He was NOT going back to sleep no matter what I tried and I had to start getting ready at 5:15am for our final helmet appointment in DC. So, I got him dressed and put him in the bathroom with me. Well, he was tired, and so he was cranky and whiny. Always fun! I was just rushing as fast as I could so that I could get him in the carseat and leave. He will ALWAYS fall back to sleep in the car. So, I was out the door at 6am. And, he started to cry - totally unlike him. I said to myself "as soon as we hit the highway, he will definitely fall asleep" HA! Famous last words. Little boy cried all the way to town while rubbing his eyes and refusing more milk or his passy. HE NEVER DOES THIS!!!! I stop at Burger King....momma needs some coffee to deal with this! He is happy when I get out and hold him for a bit, but we have to get back on the road. Start back up and he starts back up.....UGH! Ok, heading to Walmart to get him some medicine. Can't just run in CVS because they aren't open at the crack of dawn. Park at the right door. It doesn't open until 7am. Walk to the other door with HUGE baby in heels and all the way to the back where the meds are and allllllll the way back to the car. He cries half of the time in Walmart. Fun! Back at the car and give him meds. Think something must be hurting him. Nope, just tired. Proceed to DC with him in the back crying ALLLLLLLL the way there. Think I'm going to go bonkers! Try loud music, try lullabies, try white noise, try cold air, try windows down, try windows up, try yelling, try singing, try hot air, try mickey mouse clubhouse on repeat, try no music, try Frozen song, try crying, try giving up and just dealing with the crying, try singing again.......arrive to doctor's office. It's 8am. Appointment is at 9:15am. Yep, I'm that person. Take Bryce out and think he will let me rock him to sleep. Nope, he's happy as a clam and wants to play! Take him inside, feed him his breakfast, and decide to head to the doc office hoping they will take us early because they ALWAYS do. Nope, not this time. Have fun chasing him for 30 minutes while he wants to play with/touch everything. Finally back to the see the doc. Get his pics taken of his cute new little round head. See side by side of before and after and OMG! Great results! He doesn't have a perfect head, but he made a lot of progress! Bryce is playing, smiling, giggling, and flirting with the doc and all of the nurses. Such a happy little baby. HA! Head back to the car. Put Bryce in his carseat. Hop in front seat. Look in mirror. Bryce is ASLEEP! And hence, worst day.....best day......HAHA! NO MORE HELMET!!!! And p.s., Bryce - you better sleep in tomorrow!
LAST TIME CLEANING THAT DARN HELMET!

No helmet! Oh, and happy as a clam!










What a day! Toodles!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code