Monday, April 13, 2015

Our Weekend - April 10-12, 2015

My weekend started on Thursday night this week because Brian was watching the babies and I was headed to the Potomac Nationals stadium to see opening day and my brother! He was in town with the Lynchburg Hillcats. The night didn't go so good though. My bro didn't play. It was rainy, wet, and cold. And I didn't get home until midnight. And, if you know me, that is WAY past my bedtime!

On Friday, I decided last minute to take the day off of work and headed to Ikea with my sister and Jayden to meet up with D.J. and Cayte. We shopped around and took the LONG walk through Ikea. I didn't buy one thing! That was weird! Then, we headed to the mall and all ate crappy meals at the food court. We shopped, walked, and watched Jayden play in the play place. I bought a few things at the Disney store and then we headed back to D.J.'s hotel to rest and relax before his game. Well, around 6, they cancelled the game because the lights wouldn't work. We had already woke Jayden up and my parents were already on there way up. Jayden wasn't too happy about being awake and my sis and I thought it was best if we just head home. We had gotten to hang with D.J. quite a bit and kinda just wanted to get home. We stopped at Chick-fil-a and let Jayden play while we ate. It was fun just having a meal with my sis. (And, I need to take more pics!)

We woke up Saturday morning and Brian wanted to clean out his closet!!!!!! WHAT?!? He NEVER wants to clean anything. Anyways, I went with it and I started cleaning other areas of the house and of course doing laundry. It's amazing what all you can accomplish before noon when you have babies waking you up at the crack of dawn! We headed up to D.J.'s game around 2pm with both kiddos in tow. (what was I thinking?! - a toddler and a baby at a baseball game?!) The game started at 4pm and D.J. was the starting pitcher. He did REALLY GREAT and even struck out Jayson Werth of the Washington Nationals who was rehabbing with Potomac. The kids were pretty good. We bribed Myla with a lollipop for a good portion of the game and then she got shuffled between everyone. Bryce didn't like the loud speaker when he was trying to nap so I ended up missing the last inning of D.J. pitch because I had to go find a quiet spot. Picture me rocking a baby to sleep on the ground by the outfield fence - haha! After D.J. came out of the game, we took Myla to the HUGE bounce houses and slides that they had. She loved it and was so cute copying the other kids in the bounce house. She wanted to do everything they did. It was also too cute when Jayden helped push her little booty up the stairs to the big slide.



We had all planned to eat dinner afterwards at Red Lobster, but let's just say toddlers and a 1.5 hour wait don't mix. So, we headed home. But first, we stopped in a random parking lot and fed Bryce his dinner in his carseat. Myla seemed full (probably from all of the candy, lollipops, and snacks we bribed her with to sit still at the game) We called in take out from Tokyo (our fav take out spot) and picked it up at 8pm. We got home, rushed to get the kids in bed, and threw on the p.j.'s and ate our fancy take out planted on the couch.

I woke up Sunday to Myla grabbing my face and saying "Hi" in the cutest little voice. Yes, she has been coming in to our bed in the middle of the night lately. It's my fault. I love cuddling with her, but I don't sleep well either. We are going to get her back on track soon. I promise! The kids and I headed to my parents for breakfast and then we all headed to town to pick up my sisters car. We shopped around Home Depot....

 And then hit up the grocery store and headed home. We hung out on the porch and the kiddos played. Dad fixed dinner and then it was bath time. First time that Bryce got to join in with his big boy seat....


We headed home at 7. Bed time for everyone!

Toodles!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code