Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Brian's Birthday Weekend

The hubby turned 29 this past weekend and we had lots of fun celebrating. On Friday, I was off with Myla and we headed to town to do some birthday shopping. We headed to Sports Authority and then the mall. We got Daddy some presents and even got ourselves a little something too. Did you really think I could go to the mall without getting something for myself and Myla?! Haha! Anyhoo, after shopping, we headed to meet my mom for lunch at KFC. And let me tell you, Myla loves some KFC. She ate a whole biscuit and all of her mashed potatoes. Of course, she wouldn't eat her green beans again! The chick loves her bread and potatoes though! Oh well, we will keep trying.



Such a happy girl!!! After lunch, we headed home and Myla passed out in the car seat. I had scheduled for the A/C man to come out since our A/C hasn't been working all week and he was early!! Imagine that!! But, he had bad news...we need a whole new unit. Ugh! It is always something! But, oh well, such is life. Brian got home shortly after he left and we gave him all of his presents since we would be leaving early in the morning for the Nationals game. Myla liked to play with the bags and tissue paper and Brian seemed semi-impressed with his gifts. Brian left shortly after for his football games and Myla and I stayed home and relaxed. We had a hard day shopping!!
On Saturday, Brian's birthday, we headed to drop Myla off with Nana and Nanny around 11am and picked up his sister, Dad, and Mark. We headed up north and met up with Chilly, his son, and Jen and Chris at Glory Days Grill for lunch. I had the most amazing cheese fries and a raw hamburger. After we stuffed our faces, sang Brian happy birthday, and enjoyed lots of laughs we were off to the game. We got to the stadium around 3 for the 4pm game. It was military appreciation day and pups in the park too, so it was quite busy! Dogs everywhere! The Nats lost, but we all still had fun. We sat in the front row right between right and center field. So, we had a close up view of Werth and Span.



The weather was gorgeous! It was nice to be outside. We got back home around 9:30pm. Myla spent the night with Nana and Nanny and so, Brian and I got to sleep in Sunday!! If that isn't a great birthday present I don't know what is! Once we got up, I was ready to go get Myla. It's crazy how much I need a break sometimes, but as soon as I get one I miss her like crazy and just can't wait to go get her. We headed to town around 11am to get her and head to lunch with Brian's mom, Nana, and sister for his birthday lunch/dinner. We ate way too much food at the Mad Crab. But, it was delicious! Afterwards, we headed home and played in the driveway with Myla and her Jeep while we waited for the guy to come buy our pavers we had for sale.



Again, the weather was just super nice. After he left, I headed to my parents. We had salad for dinner and then decided to head to Burger King for some Hershey sundae pies for dessert. Then, we stopped by the Williams house to see Jayden. And, I guess Stef and James too! They were outside working on their pathway and we watched Jayden play super hero baseball and Myla walked around on the porch with Jayden's dirt bikes. What a great way to end the weekend. Overall, I'd say Brian had a great birthday and it was a wonderful weekend full of friends and family. Thank you to everyone for everything to make Brian's birthday special!!

And tonight, I promise I'm going to get up Myla's 11 month update!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code