Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend 2013


Thanksgiving weekend started on Wednesday for me since I was off from Wednesday through Sunday...woohoo!!! On Wednesday, Stef and I went to town to do some Christmas shopping while Brian watched Myla. We did lots of shopping before having lunch at Great Steak and Potato Co. in the mall food court. We love there ham and pineapple sub. It's sooo yummy. We finished shopping around 2pm and headed to pick up Jayden from daycare. He was so excited to see us! It's always so fun to surprise him. Stef and Jayden dropped me off at home and they were headed to Charlottesville to meet baby Braelyn (Jayden's new cousin). Brian, Myla, and I headed to Walmart to get some groceries and of course do some more Christmas shopping for Myla. We really can't help ourselves. I think it's becoming a problem....hahaha!! After that, we waited for Myla to fall asleep and then Brian went and got us some Tokyo takeout for dinner and we ate in peace. If you have a baby, you understand! Next up, bed time!!

Thanksgiving day started at 8am when we started getting ready to head to Nanny and Nana's house for Round 1. We got there around 10am, hung out, and ate around 2pm. Ashton made the cutest thanksgiving photo props and we took lots of cute pics.

 
 



We stuffed our faces on fried turkey (Nana's first time making it fried), mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, deviled eggs, stuffing, and broccoli casserole. It was so yummy! Before we ate, we fed Myla her lunch of turkey and green beans. And let me tell you, she is NOT a fan of pureed turkey and I don't blame her. That stuff stunk!!! After we ate, we had to rush off to make it to Thanksgiving Round 2 at my parents house. They were eating at 3. Luckily, they were running a little behind too. When we got there, we celebrated D.J.'s birthday.


After he opened presents, we ate. We had turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, mac & cheese, stuffing, green beans, and rolls. Dad made his first chocolate pie for dessert and it was YUMMY! Myla ate peas for her round 2. She loves peas and green beans! After dinner, we all relaxed and watched football. Then Jayden and I played monsters and built a fort together with blankets. Myla's first Thanksgiving was full of family and fun!










On black Friday, Stef, James, D.J., and Cayte were going to town in the morning to see the new Hunger Games movie. Brian, Myla, and I decided to go with my parents and Jayden to the Snack Bar for breakfast. Myla always just chills out while we eat. She is such a good baby. Jayden loves his toast with jelly and even dipped it in ketchup. He dips everything in ketchup!! After breakfast, we rode around and looked at some houses then went to my parents house. Dad and I took Jayden to Food Lion and to Dollar General. We stocked up on some eggs to make deviled eggs (since I hadn't made them for Thanksgiving and my sister wouldn't stop annoying me about it...haha) and some ingredients to make my cookie fruit salad. I really need to come up with a name for that stuff! Anyways, when we got back, Jayden and I made the fruit salad. He is such a great little kitchen helper lately and I'm loving cooking and making things with him. He loved smashing the cookies for the recipe and putting the mandarin oranges in....even if he ate half of it. Stef and James came home around 3 and picked up Jayden and headed to Gordonsville to have Thanksgiving at James' house. Once DJ and Cayte came home, we all hung out and watched tv before we headed home.
Then on Saturday, we headed to my parents again. We wanted to spend as much time with DJ and Cayte while they were here visiting and we knew today would be the last day they were here. Dad made breakfast and DJ made us all waffles too. After we ate, we ALL headed to the park to play some basketball. DJ begged and begged for us to play. That boy loves sports! We played 4 on 4 and it was so much fun. DJ, Cayte, Mom, and Dad versus me, Brian, Stef, and James. Of course, DJ's team won....haha. Myla sat in her stroller in her "fat" suit all bundled up watching us and Jayden played in the leaves and shot monsters on the sideline. After the game, Myla swung in the swings for the first time EVER. It was so cute to see her and Jayden swinging side by side. He loved that she was doing something that he was doing too.








We all headed home, showered, and got ready to head to town. We were meeting Cayte's aunt, grandma, and brother for dinner at Logan's. Dinner was good. Of course, Brian ordered a HUGE steak and I had some fried shrimp. After dinner, we went to see the light show at the mall and had free hot chocolate. Myla fell asleep during the show. I guess she was tired from all the action today.






After the show, we headed to my work for a few so I could close out the month. Then, we headed home and passed out. Myla was over tired and wouldn't go to sleep so we ended up letting her sleep with us. We didn't get much sleep, but it was cute having her all snuggled up to her Daddy.

On Sunday, we tried to sleep in a little bit then got up and did some laundry. We watched a Christmas movie while Myla napped and then headed to my parents house so that we could use the internet....haha. They were at the movies and didn't get back til 4. We hung out for a while and headed home to go to bed.
It was definitely a great holiday weekend!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code